Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rune Making and crystals.

The Speech of the high one (the poetic Edda) AD1200

"I know I hung on that windswept tree,
Swung there for nine long nights;
Wounded by my own blade.
Bloodied for Odin,
Myself and offering to myself;
Bound to the tree
That no man knows
Whither the roots of it runs.

None gave me bread
None gave me drink
Down to the deepest depths i Peered
Until i spied the runes.
With a roaring Cry i seized them up
Then dizzy and fainting, i fell.

Well-being i won
and wisdom too.
I grew and took joy in my growth:
From a word to a word.
I was led to a Word.
From a deed to another Deed."

This was a poem on how Odin got the runes.

To me the runes is an instrument which i took up recently. I studied under a teacher, Ambika from Sanctum on the runes and have been using them for the past 1 year.

"Do you know how to cut them?
DO you know how to Stain them
Know how to read them
How to understand ?
DO you know how to evoke them?
Know how to send them?
How to offer, How to ask?"

This is another poem of questions. asking a person whether his skill of runes is completed.

The first process of carving and cutting the runes were untried by me.

However, after a lot of effort and understing,
I have made my first set of runes recently. Hematite. it is a good stone for blood and grounding. It is good for emotional issues. It is a good stone for a beginner to carve on.
I used a tool to carve my first set and i did it in 2 sittings.
Fehu, the first rune which i carved. i made a small mistake with this rune but my intent was strong in it.

Uruz. my 2nd rune and my favourite rune. perhaps i prefer an oxen then a cow?




No comments: