Monday, August 4, 2008

FATE AND CHALLENGES WHICH ONE MAY MAKE.


Raziel: You said it yourself, Kain - there are only two sides to your coin.
Kain: Thirty years hence, I am presented with a dilemma... let's call it a two-sided coin. If the coin falls one way, I sacrifice myself and thus restore the Pillars... but as the last surviving vampire in Nosgoth, this would mean the annihilation of our species... Moebius made sure of that. If the coin lands on the reverse, I refuse the sacrifice and thus doom the Pillars to an eternity of collapse. Either way, the game is rigged.
Raziel: We agree then that the Pillars are crucial and must be restored.
Kain: Yes, Raziel, that is why we've come full-circle to this place.
Raziel: So after all this, you make my case for me. To end this stalemate, you must die so that new Guardians can be born.
Kain: The Pillars don't belong to them, Raziel... they belong to us.
Raziel: Your arrogance is boundless, Kain.
Kain: There's a third option, a monumental secret hidden in your very presence here. But it's a secret you have to discover for yourself. Unearth your destiny, Raziel. It's all laid out for you here.
Raziel: You said it yourself, Kain... there are only two sides to your coin.
Kain: Apparently so, but suppose you throw a coin enough times... suppose one day, it lands on its edge. "
=======================================
It is in the nature of humans and people to challenge fate.
To try for the portent and the opportunity in which everything would be alined to their favour.
Recently, i cast a spread and did every single fortelling and method of guessing at the future and each told me that if i were to continue on the path in which i intend to choose it would not be in my favour.
yet, deep down, i want to believe this time it is like what kain in soul reaver said.
If you were to throw a coin enough times............. suppose one day it will land on its edge.
Perhaps this is the time?
The dilema which i face is the following. if i go against my readings and the outcome is against all the odds. it would mean my reading is inaccurate.
If the reading any my skill is good and accurate, it would be a disaster for me.
Anyways, based on the omens and portents, i have made a bad choice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know very well that I understand what it is to go against good advice. I also understand why you would want to proceed despite the odds, and what it is to hope to attain what we desire in spite of the odds against us.

Give it your best shot.

If your coin lands on the edge, I will be happy for you. If it does not, you can count on me to help you as you have helped me. When you need an independant, objective, 3rd party that you can trust let me know and I will cast the fates for you.

Good luck my friend.

SHIMURE said...

Well said my friend....

Anonymous said...

"The dilema which i face is the following. if i go against my readings and the outcome is against all the odds. it would mean my reading is inaccurate.

If the reading any my skill is good and accurate, it would be a disaster for me."

Or that something fundamental has changed since the first reading, and rendered your first reading inaccurate.

Based on the omens and portents of the present is how we usually guess at the future, so to change the future you have to change the present. Does that make any sense to you?

"Anyways, based on the omens and portents, i have made a bad choice."

Sometimes it is exactly that choice that we were meant to make so we can fall, pick ourselves up, learn and grow from the experience.

I did.